Hello TCA lovers, I Would like to share a compact trick/tips to remember all Indian Banks & their HQ/headquarters which will be useful for you in upcoming Banking exams in Pre and Interviews. If you have more suggestions for us to remember the bank’s headquarters then kindly share your tips in comment section of the post. We know that students feel very difficulty to remember headquarters of Indian Banks. I am going to illustrate a simple trick to remember bank headquarters in India. You can also checkout here International’s organisations’ headquarters.
Major banks headquarters
- Mumbai – Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Mumbai – State Bank of India
- Mumbai – Union Bank of India
- New Delhi – Bhartiya Mahila Bank (BMB)
- New Delhi – Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- New Delhi – Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Patiala – State Bank of Patiala
- Pune – Bank of Maharashtra
- Thiruvananthapuram – State Bank of Travancore
- Vadodara,Gujarat – Bank of Baroda
Easy Tips to remember the Headquarters
1. All banks that have ‘India‘ at the end of their name have their headquarters in Mumbai. Lets see some examples.
- BANK OF INDIA— MUMBAI
- Central BANK OF INDIA— MUMBAI
- Industrial Development BANK OF INDIA— MUMBAI
- State BANK OF INDIA—MUMBAI
- Union BANK OF INDIA—MUMBAI
- Reserve BANK OF INDIA—MUMBAI
- Securities and Exchange BOARD OF INDIA—MUMBAI
- Dena Bank( Just include This which not contain bank of india just remember )
2. All banks starting with ‘Indian‘ have their headquarters in Chennai. Let’s see some examples.
- Indian Bank – Headquarters is in Chennai.
- Indian Overseas Bank – Headquarters is in Chennai.
3. Banks that start with ‘U‘ have their headquarters in Kolkata.
- UCO Bank – Headquarters is in Kolkata.
- United Bank of India – Headquarters is in Kolkata.
OKAY. This has two EXCEPTIONS. First is Union Bank of India (Mumbai). Starts with U but has headquarters in Mumbai. Another is Allahabad Bank (Kolkata).
4. Those banks that have South Indian names have their headquarters in Bangalore. Well, there are only two banks with South Indian Names.
- Canara Bank – Headquarters is in Bangalore. PS: Canara means Coastal Karnataka region
- Vijaya Bank – Headquarters is in Bangalore.
5. Remember Term PUNJAB MAHILA IN NEW DELHI—NEWDELHI
- PUNJAB National Bank
- PUNJAB & Sind Bank
- Bharathiya MAHILA Bank
- Oriental bank of commerce (Remember ” ON ” Button O for OrientalBank of Commerce & N for NEW DELHI)
Bank’s names, their Headquarters and Taglines
|1||ABN AMRO||Amsterdam, Netherland||Making more possible.|
|2||Allahabad Bank||Kolkata||A Tradition of Trust.|
|3||Andhra Bank||Hyderabad||Where India Banks.|
|4||Axis Bank||Mumbai||Badhti Ka naam Zindagi.|
|5||Bank of America||Charlotte, USA||Higher Standards.|
|6||Bank of Baroda||Vadodara||India’s International Bank.|
|7||Bank of India||Mumbai||Relationship beyond banking.|
|8||Bhartiya Mahila Bank||New Delhi||Empowering Women.|
|9||Bank of Maharashtra||Pune||One family one bank.|
|10||BNP Paribas||Paris||The Bank for the changing world.|
|11||Canara Bank||Bangalore||Together We Can.|
|12||Central Bank of India||Mumbai||“Central To you Since 1911”.|
|13||CITI Bank||New York, USA||The City never sleeps.|
|14||Corporation Bank||Mangalore||A Premier Public Sector Bank.|
|15||Dhanlaxmi Bank||Thrissur, Kerala||Tann. Mann. Dhan|
|16||Dena Bank||Mumbai||Trusted Family Bank.|
|17||Deutsche Bank||Frankfurt, Germany||A Passion to perform.|
|18||ECGC Bank||Mumbai||You focus on exports. We cover the risks.|
|19||HDFC Bank||Mumbai||We understand your world.|
|20||HSBC||London||The world’s local bank.|
|21||ICICI Bank||Mumbai||Hum Hai Na, Khyal Apka.|
|22||IDBI Bank||Mumbai||Banking For All, “Aao Sochein Bada”.|
|23||Indian Bank||Chennai||Your Tech- Friendly Bank.|
|24||Indian Overseas Bank||Chennai||Good people to grow with.|
|25||J & K Bank||Srinagar, J&K||Serving to Empower.|
|26||Karnataka Bank||Mangalore||Your Family Bank, Across India.|
|27||Karur Vysya Bank||Karur, Tamil Nadu||Smart Way to Bank.|
|28||Kotak Mahindra Bank||Mumbai||Let’s Make Money Simple.|
|29||Lakshmi Vilas Bank||Karur, Tamil Nadu||The changing face of prosperity.|
|30||Punjab National Bank||New Delhi||The name you can bank upon.|
|31||Punjab & Sind Bank||New Delhi||Where service is a way of life.|
|32||Oriental Bank of Commerce||New Delhi||Where every individual is committed.|
|33||SBI||Mumbai||With you all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else, The Nation’s banks on us.|
|34||South Indian Bank||Thrissur, Kerala||Experience next generation banking.|
|35||Standard Chartered Bank||London||Your Right Partner.|
|36||State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur||Jaipur||The Bank with a vision.|
|37||State Bank of Hyderabad||Hyderabad||You can always bank on us.|
|38||State Bank of Mysore||Bangalore||Working for a better tomorrow.|
|39||State Bank of Patiala||Patiala||Blending Modernity with Tradition.|
|40||State Bank of Travancore||Thiruvananthapuram||A long Tradition of Trust.|
|41||Syndicate Bank||Manipal(Karnataka)||Your Faithful And Friendly Financial Partner.|
|42||UCO Bank||Kolkata||Honours Your Trust.|
|43||Union Bank of India||Mumbai||Good People to Bank with.|
|44||United Bank of India||Kolkata||The Bank that begins with “U”.|
|45||Vijaya Bank||Bangalore||A friend you can bank on.|
|46||Yes Bank||Mumbai||Experience our Expertise.|
I hope with these tricks you’ll never ever forget headquarters of Indian banks.
Please mention if you have more shortcuts or tricks.
Questions from Headquarters and Taglines of Banks in India are now a days very common questions for all Bank/Insurance Exams including those conducted by SBI and IBPS. So do remember them all.