Addressing US Congress India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi had mentioned about the computer programme Siri, Yoga’s popularity, the decline of baseball and the acknowledgment of India’s disputes with America over intellectual property rights. He said “SIRI tells us that India’s ancient heritage of yoga has over 30 million practitioners in the US”…Let’s discuss what SIRI actually is….
The Top 10 Things/Facts You Must Know About SIRI
1. SIRI is a specialised computer program that works on some Apple operating systems.
2. The feature uses a natural language user interface to answer questions, make recommendations, and perform actions by delegating requests to a set of Web services.
3. It was launched on Mac, as it was given a massive makeover that includes voicemail transcription, image search and writing messages.
4. Apple is opening SIRI up to all third party apps, which will eventually lead to more uses for the voice recognition software.
5. Full form of SIRI is Speech Interpretation and Recognition Interface.
6. Dag Kittlaus is the co-founder of this technology.
7. The name “SIRI” is of Scandinavian origin and the meaning of Siri is “beautiful victory”.
8. It involves a number of technologies, including natural language processing, question analysis, data mashups, and machine learning.
9. It transforms output of 3rd party web services back into natural language text (eg, Today’s weather report -> “The weather will be sunny”)
10. SIRI can open apps, give you movie times and sports scores, make dinner reservations, call or send messages to people in your contact list and perform a host of other useful tasks.