On 30th December 2016, Aadhaar-based mobile app Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This is named after Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar. This app will help people to do cash transactions with a thumbprint once their bank account is linked with Aadhaar gateway so will empower people to make payments digitally directly from their bank accounts. Urging people to make digital payments a “habit” to make the country a cashless economy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched a mobile app for the Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
Features of BHIM app
- It app will let you send and receive money to other non-UPI accounts or addresses.
- You can also send money via IFSC and MMID code to users, who don’t have a UPI-based bank account.
- Additionally, there’s the option of scanning a QR code and making a direct payment.
- Users can create their own QR code for a certain fixed amount of money, and then the merchant can scan it and the deduction will be made.
- With a mobile wallet app, you have to load money in the wallet before you can use it. With this app and all UPI (United Payments Interface) apps, you can directly connect your phone to your bank account – like a debit card. Payments are happening directly from and to bank accounts, so merchants don’t have to worry about transferring wallet earnings to the bank either.
- There is a Rs. 10,000 per transaction limit, and Rs. 20,000 per day for BHIM.
- All UPI-connected banks accept BHIM – this includes all major Indian banks including SBI, ICICI, Axis, and HDFC. Even banks not connected to UPI can receive money through it through IFSC, an 11-digit code assigned to every bank branch by the Reserve Bank of India.
How to Download BHIM App on Android ?
- You can Download the BHIM Payments app on your phone simply by clicking the Bhim app Google Play Store link below –
Click here to Download & Install BHIM app from Google Play Store
This app is working fine all android versions such as Kitkat, lollipop, marshmallow, and Nougat too! . Bhim app for iPhone & iOS link will be posted shortly!