BJP finally picked Yogi Adityanath as the Uttar Pradesh chief minister. This decision was taken after a meeting helt at 4 PM on 18th March, 2017 at Lok Bhawan in the presence of central observers – Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu and national general secretary Bhupendra Yadav, BJP vice-president Om Mathur, state party chief Keshav Prasad Maurya and other senior party leaders in full attendance. Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma are declared as Deputy CM of UP.
Yogi Adityanath Background
- His real name is Ajay Singh Negi.
- He was born on 5th June 1972.
- He is a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament who represented Gorakhpur in the Lok Sabha since 1998.
- He belongs to a Rajput family.
- He has done his graduation in Science stream from H.N.B. Garhwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal), Uttarakhand.
- He was the youngest member of the 12th Lok Sabha at 26.
- He is also the founder of the Hindu Yuva Vahini which is a social, cultural and nationalist group of youth who seek to provide rightist Hindu platform.