Among the important National Current Affairs, On 15th January 2016, four mobile health (m-Health) services were launched by the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, J P Nadda to offer citizen-centric health services.
These four mobile health services are : TB Missed Call initiative, Mobile Academy, Kilkari and M-Cessation.
Features of Mobile Academy
- This mobile app will provide training services to 9 million ASHAs.
- After registering themselves, ASHAs can access the 240-minute course via their mobile phones which will enhance their inter-personal skills.
- A Certificate of completion will be issued from the Government to ASHA’s after successfull completion of the course by securing more than minimum prescribed marks.
Features of Kilkari
- This service will convey weekly audio messages child care, child birth and about pregnancy.
- Weekly voice messages pertinent to the stage of pregnancy or age of the infant will be delivered to every pregnant woman and infant’s mother.
- In the first round of execution of services, messages would be sent to the infants’ mothers and pregnant women in six States in HPDs of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Odisha and Jharkhand.
Features of the TB Missed Call initiative
- A toll free number 1800-11–6666 will provide 24X7 treatment and counselling support services for TB patients.
- Under this initiative, callers can get information related to address and contact details of the nearest treatment facility, TB symptoms, treatment services available just by giving a missed call or a free call.
- In the initial stage of deployment, the service will be made available in Delhi, Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana.
Features of M-Cessation
- This is an IT-enabled tool which will help users to quit tobacco.
- A two-way SMS process will be used to do the counselling.