1. To locate a data item for storage is
2. programs designed to perform specific tasks is known as
3. perforated paper used as input of output media is known as
4. Time during which a job is processed by the computer is
5. A computer which CPU speed around 100 million instruction per second and with the word length of around 64 bits is known as
6. An approach that permits the computer to work on several programs instead of one is
Over lapped processing
7. A directly accessible appointment calendar is feature of a … resident package
8. The term gigabyte refers to
9. Which of the following processors use RISC technology?
10. A/n …. Device is any device that provides information, which is sent to the CPU
11. Current SIMMs have either … or … connectors (pins)
30 or 72
12. The storage subsystem in a microcomputer consists mainly of … or … media with varying capacities
Magnetic or optical
13. Which of the following is not an input device?
COM (Computer Output to Microfilm)
14. The central processing unit (CPU) consists of
Control unit, arithmetic-logic unit and primary storage
15. EBCDIC can code up to how many different characters?
16. Which is considered a direct entry input device?
Optical scanner, Mouse and digitizer and Light pen
17. Which is used for manufacturing chips?
18. The computer code for the interchange of information between terminals is
19. A byte consists of
20. A hybrid computer
Resembles both a digital and analog computer
21. The ALU of a computer responds to the commands coming from
22. The act of retrieving existing data from memory is called
Read-out, Read from and Read
23. All modern computer operate on
24. Instructions and memory address are represented by
25. Which of the following code used in present day computing was developed by IBM Corporation?
26. What is the latest write-once optical storage media?
27. The most important advantage of a video disk is
28. What is the number of read-write heads in the drive for a 9-trac magnetic tape?
29. Before a disk drive can access any sector record, a computer program has to provide the record’s disk address. What information does this address specify?
Track number, Sector number and Surface number
30. As compared to diskettes, the hard disks are
31. Floppy disks which are made from flexible plastic material are also called?
32. Regarding a VDU, Which statement is more correct?
It is a peripheral device
33. What is the name of the computer terminal which gives paper printout?
Hard copy terminal
34. Dot-matrix is a type of
35. The two kinds of main memory are:
ROM and RAM
36. A kind of serial dot-matrix printer that forms characters with magnetically-charged ink sprayed dots is called
37. Which printer is very commonly used for desktop publishing?
38. An output device that uses words or messages recorded on a magnetic medium to produce audio response is
Voice response unit
39. Which of the following will happen when data is entered into a memory location?
It will erase the previous content
40. A storage area used to store data to a compensate for the difference in speed at which the different units can handle data is